Cardiothoracic Assistant SurgeonJob ID 5926312
Apply Now Send This Job to a Friend
|Title||Cardiothoracic Assistant Surgeon|
|Work Schedule||7am -5pm|
|Position Summary and Qualifications||Cardiothoracic Assistant Surgeon |
Position Summary: Seeking a cardiothoracic assistant surgeon to provide operating room coverage in a first assistant capacity. The ideal candidate will possess a strong cardiothoracic surgery bypass, valve and aneurysm experience. Additional responsibilities required of this position will include providing limited in-house nighttime coverage for the surgical intensive care unit for post-operative patients for Cardiothoracic, Thoracic, Vascular, Bariatric and ENT procedures. Surgical Cardiothoracic procedural caseload will include: coronary artery bypass, valve replacement/repair, aortic reconstruction, aneurysm repair, and TAVR with some minimally invasive approaches. This position will work directly with the cardiothoracic surgeon in the care of the surgical patient, pre-, intra, and post procedure while functioning on a rotation with a two member Cardiothoracic surgeon practice.
Experience Required or Preferred:
- Required: 3-5 years experience preferred and CT surgery background.
- Prefer current certification or active participation in the examination process leading to certification in Cardiovascular Surgery (ABTS, AOA Board of CTV surgery) or equivalent credentials as determined by the Department Chair as acceptable (ex. Board of Certification in Surgery: Specialty Cardiovascular in Thoracic Surgery, Affiliate of AM. Asssoc. of Physician Specialists, Inc.)
License and Credentials
- Required: Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New Jersey
- Current DEA, CDS
- Current BLS and ACLS
- CME requirement as per New Jersey State Medical Licensure requirement and hospital criteria as applicable
- Ability to evaluate, diagnose, consult and provide pre, intra and postoperative surgical care to correct or treat various conditions, illnesses and injuries of the general systems across patient risk categories and according to the current standards of practice set by the Medical staff. Assists attending surgeon as either a first or second assistant. Participates in fundamental operating room techniques including aseptic technique, tying knots, hemostasis, tissue handling, primary closure of sternotomies, ect.
Interested candidates should send their CV to: Heidi Terzo, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Medical Staff Jobs