CT Surgery PA (Per Diem)
Position Summary: Seeking an experienced cardiothoracic operating room physician assistant with cardiothoracic experience. The ideal candidate will possess strong cardiothoracic surgery bypass, valve and aneurysm experience, in addition to endoscopic vein harvesting experience. As a surgical assistant PA, you will assist the cardiothoracic surgeon in the operating room in performing bypass, valve replacement/repair, aortic reconstruction, aneursym repair and some minimally invasive approach procedures. This position will work directly with the cardiothoracic surgeon in the care of the surgical patient, pre-, intra, and post procedure and function on a rotation with two CT surgeons.
Experience Required or Preferred:
- Minimum 3-5 years PA experience and CT surgery background.
- Graduated from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
License and Credentials:
- Required: Current NCCPA.
- Current BLS required and ACLS certification preferred
- CDS and DEA licenses required for Physician Assistants
- Approval of credentials and clinical privileges per Center procedure
- Able to harvest saphenous veins and radial arteries in addition to assisting in the operating room during cardiothoracic procedures. Prepares harvested vein/radial artery for coronary artery grafting including making and closing incisions. Assists attending surgeon as either a first or second assistant. Participates in fundamental operating room techniques including aseptic technique, tying knots, hemostasis, tissue handling, primary closure of sternotomies, leg incisions ect. Acts as a consultant to operating room personnel concerning cardiac surgery protocols and patient care as designated by the supervising physician.
Licenses & Certifications
Advanced Card Life Supt
Control Danger Subst.
DEA License (Federal)