OR Certified Surgical Technician
Position Summary: Provides perioperative care, independently managing scrub duties and tasks for complicated surgical cases with both predictable and unpredictable outcomes; is supported by Charge Nurse, RN and team leader in managing complicated, unstable cases in which outcomes are unpredictable. Serves as unit base resource for staff. Completes case carts, gathers supplies, assists in managing inventory. Assists RN in patient care as directed. Assists in unit-based projects. Assists in orienting new personnel.
• Experience: A minimum of 1 year experience in cardiopulmonary surgery or equivalent preferred, 1 year general OR experience preferred.
• Education: Graduate of accredited Surgical Technologist program - has successfully completed a nationally or regionally accredited educational program for surgical technologist; or - holds and maintains a certified surgical technologist credential administered by the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting or its successor, or other nationally recognized credentialing organization; or - has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps; or - provides evidence of prior employment to practice surgical technology in a health care facility on the effective date; or - is in the service of the federal government, to the extent that the individual is performing surgical technology duties related to that service
• Required License / Credentials: NBSTSA Certification as Surgical Technologist within one year of employment
• Other Required Skills: BLS -C certification
• Contact With Others: Regular internal and/or external contacts requiring tact and discretion in obtaining and exchanging information.
• Supervision Given: None.
• Supervision Received: Works under general supervision of Charge Nurse, RN and surgeon. Collaborate with RN and Support Staff to provide patient care.