Patient Care Tech (IRU)
Patient Care Technician (IRU)
• Position Summary: Performs direct and non-direct patient care duties as assigned under the supervision of a Registered Nurse / Nurse manager.
• Experience: 1-3 years experience as nursing assistant, EKG Technician, Phlebotomist and/or other related healthcare experience preferred;
• Education: High school graduate or GED preferred. Able to proficiently read and write the English language.
• Required License / Credentials: Heartsaver CPR certification (within 3 months of employment). Nurses Aide certification, EKG certification and/or Phlebotomy certification preferable.
• Other Required Skills: Phlebotomy, arrhythmia recognition, ability to work well with others, conscientious, organized and reliable. Basic computer skills for hospital Meditech information system.
• Contact With Others: Regular internal and external contact involving considerable tact and discretion in handling information.
• Supervision Given: None
• Supervision Received: Works under general supervision of RN and/or Nurse Manager in performing routine assignments, referring unusual and difficult situations to immediate supervisor.
Licenses & Certifications
About Technical Jobs