Position Summary: At the direction of the Pharmacy Operations Manager and Lead Technician, and supervised by the pharmacist in the assigned areas, the primary function is to support the activities of the pharmacy in the dispensing, distribution, and manipulation of drug products, devices, and supplies and to maintain applicable records.
- 6 months to 1 year in a health related field. CPhT preferred.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Must be at least 18 years old. Completion of an accredited pharmacy technician training course preferred.
License and Credentials
- Must be registered with the New Jersey Board of Pharmacy as a pharmacy technician OR register as a pharmacy technician applicant within ten days of hire (completion within 6 months).
- Read, write and speak English at a high school level. High school level math skills. Good interpersonal skills; excellent time management.
- Primarily dayshift, occasional evening; every other weekend and some holidays are necessary.
- Potential for exposure to hazardous and toxic substances (including cytotoxic drugs and cleaning solutions), sticks or cuts by needles and other sharp items. Risk B (low risk) exposure category. Potential for musculoskeletal injuries if proper lifting and carrying techniques are not used.
- Repetitive use of hands and fingers (e.g., preparing IV admixtures, use of a computer keyboard). Ability to lift a minimum of 30 pounds. May require lifting and carrying light loads (e.g., boxes, equipment, unit dose cassettes, IV solutions) and stooping or kneeling (e.g., to pick up items from the floor, to remove and replace items on lower shelves, and to file documents in lower file drawer). Walking or standing for long periods of time (4-8 hours) often necessary. Must be able to physically operate the equipment used in the job.
Bi-Weekly Hours: 80
Work Schedule: Varies
Licenses & Certifications
Reg. Pharm Tech Deadline
About Technical Jobs