RN - OR
Position Summary: Provides perioperative care. Utilizes the nursing process to provide and direct primary nursing care to patients with cardiovascular/pulmonary/vascular health deficits, in whom outcomes may be unpredictable to perform comprehensive assessment, planning, intervention and/or evaluation of complex multisystem health care deficits; to direct the nursing care of unstable patients or patients requiring complex care management. Handles multiple demands and tasks simultaneously, demonstrating clinical problem solving skills. Is supported by the nurse manager, assistant nurse manager and charge nurse in assuming unit leadership roles including, but not limited to, serving as the Charge Nurse, committee leadership and/or involvement, conducting unit orientation and education; directs and guides the use of resources for patient care.
- Preferred: One years’ experience in OR nursing; Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation, IV Therapy Certification, Hemodynamics, and Mock Code within 90 days of hire or promotion -or- at the first available course offering.
- Required: Graduate of accredited diploma, associate degree or baccalaureate degree nursing program. Non-BSN’s must complete a BSN degree within 5 years’ of hire.
- Preferred: Bachelors degree in nursing
License and Credentials
- Required: NJ State Nursing License; BLS certification
- Preferred: ACLS Certification
- Required: Interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical skills and basic computer skills
- Adult: Early Adult (19-45); Middle Adult (46-59); Late Adult (60-79); Late, Late Adult (Over 80)
Work Schedule: Weekdays
Bi-Weekly Hours: 80
RN or better in Nursing.
Licenses & Certifications
Registered Prof. Nurse
Cert Peri-Op Nursing