RN - Telemetry (Observation)
Utilizes the nursing process to provide and direct primary nursing care to patients with cardiovascular/pulmonary/vascular health deficits, in whom outcomes may be unpredictable to perform comprehensive assessment, planning, intervention and/or evaluation of complex multisystem health care deficits; to direct the nursing care of unstable patients or patients requiring complex care management. Handles multiple demands and tasks simultaneously, demonstrating clinical problem solving skills. Is supported by the nurse manager, assistant nurse manager and charge nurse in assuming unit leadership roles including, but not limited to, serving as the Charge Nurse, committee leadership and/or involvement, conducting unit orientation and education; directs and guides the use of resources for patient care.
- Preferred: One year experience in cardiopulmonary nursing to work on telemetry units; two years experience in critical care nursing to work in critical care units. Basic Arrhythmia Interpretation, IV Therapy Certification, Hemodynamics, and Mock Code Work shop within 90 days of hire or promotion -or- at the first available course offering.
- Required: Graduate of accredited diploma, associate degree or baccalaureate degree nursing program. Non-BSN’s must complete a BSN degree within 5 years’ of hire.
- Preferred: Bachelors degree in nursing
License and Credentials
- Required: NJ State Nursing License; BLS certification
- Preferred: ACLS Certification, PALS Certification
- Required: Interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical skills and basic computer skills
- Adult: Early Adult (19-45); Middle Adult (46-59); Late Adult (60-79); Late, Late Adult (Over 80)
Bi-Weekly Hours: 60
Work Schedule: 7 pm - 7am
Licenses & Certifications
Registered Prof. Nurse
About Nursing Jobs
By being hired into one of our Cardiology jobs at Deborah Heart and Lung Center, you’ll be a key member of the DEBORAH Heart and Lung Center team. Professionals in Cardiology careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business. A job in Cardiology at Deborah Heart and Lung Center may be waiting for you!