Patient Service Representative
Position Summary: Responsible for greeting and assisting patients, patient check-in, and patient check-out, scheduling of appointments, confirming next day appointments, verifying patient’s insurance, collecting patient copayments, securing pre-authorizations, entering patient charges in the practice’s Electronic Medical Record and Practice Management System (EMR). Monitors administrative and clinical inboxes in EMR and carries out requests for medication refills, appointments, testing follow-up, referrals to other physicians. Provides follow-up to unresolved patient questions and for ensuring continuity of care. Reliable transportation required.
- Required: Minimum one year front desk experience in a physician practice or outpatient ambulatory care setting. Computer and EMR (Athena a plus) experience required. Knowledge of medical insurance, medical terminology, and medical office services and routines.
- Preferred: Cardiovascular practice experience. Two to four years’ experience in a customer service oriented environment a plus.
- Required: HS Diploma, or equivalent
- Preferred: Associates degree preferred. Experience may be substituted in place of degree.
License and Credentials
- Preferred: Certified Medical Assistant a plus
- Required:Communicates effectively with customers (physicians, patients, co-workers, insurance representatives). Knowledgeable working with EMR systems (Athena preferred). Maintaining appropriate practice patient activity records, and ability to produce reports as requested.
- Preferred: Bi-lingual Spanish/English a plus
Hours: 80 hrs per pay period M-F