Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions about our application and hiring process. If you can't find the answer to your question here, you can e-mail our Employment Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call our Employment Office Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at 609-893-1200, x4283.
- What positions are available at this time? A list of all current openings can be found in our JOB SEARCH section of the web site.
How do I apply for a position?
From the careers home page, click the “Apply” tab. Then select how you would like to view the open positions by choosing either the “Click here to review all jobs” or “Click here to search the Deborah Heart and Lung Center job data base”
If you select to view all jobs you will be brought to the Open Positions page. If you would like more information on a particular position, click on the Job Title, which will display the position summary, job description and schedule.
To apply, click on the statement “Click here to apply on-line” at the bottom of the positions page. The ‘Log-in’ page will appear. Follow the instructions to log in either as a ‘First time user’ or a ‘Return user’. If you are a first time user, click where indicated and the application page will appear. All required questions will have an asterisk (*) next to them and must be completed. You must have an e-mail address and password. If you do not have an e-mail address please click “Free E-Mail”. If you do not have a resume you may click on the “On-Line Application” to build one. If you have a current resume you may cut and past your resume in the space provided.
When you have completed all required fields click “Submit” at the bottom of the page. If the same page appears, review the top of the page; any questions that you failed to answer that are required will appear in red. Please answer these questions and click “Submit” again. You will not be able to move to the next page until all the required questions have been completed.
You will then be a series of questions. After answering these questions click “Submit” at the bottom of the page. Once you view the page “Thank you for applying your application has been received….”, your application has been received by Human Resources and the hiring Manager. This is your confirmation. Please do not call to confirm. If you are selected for an interview you will be contacted by the hiring Manager or a Human Resource Representative. Please check your e-mail as this is the way we communicate to you the status of the position you have applied for.
- I don't have regular access to a computer. How can I apply? You can use one of the PCs in the Employment Office at Deborah during times that the department is open. In addition, most public libraries have free use of PCs with Internet access.
- Is my data confidential on your website? Yes, our website is secure. Also, Deborah will not share your information with any third parties without first receiving your written authorization.
- I don't see a position that I'm interested in on your site but want to submit an application anyway. How will I know when a suitable position becomes available? If the specific type of position you’re interested in is not currently available, you can set up a "Job Alert" on our JOB SEARCH page. Doing so will enable you to automatically receive an e-mail notice when a position is posted that meets your interest. However, if you still want to submit an application, you can.
- I'm not sure if I qualify for a position I saw on your site. Should I still apply? The minimum required qualifications are noted for each position listed on the site. If you do not have at least these qualifications, it's best not to apply for that specific position.
- I am qualified for a position but cannot work the schedule. Should I still apply? If you cannot work the specific hours for the position that is posted but do have some flexibility in your availability, it's best to apply. Please note what hours you can and cannot work in your application.
- Do you hire new graduates? Some positions require previous experience, but many do not. The particular qualifications for each vacant position are noted on the job listing.
- The online application only has spaces for five prior positions, but I have had more positions than that. How can I include them all in my application? When you apply on-line, you will have two options. The first is to use the 'On-Line Application', by clicking that link. This will bring you to a page where you will key in your most recent four employers. Unfortunately, it is limited to the last four. However, the second option is to begin typing on the first page you are on, which will allow you to 'Cut and Paste' your resume. Assuming your resume is complete, this is the best way to capture all employment history beyond just the last four positions.
- I filled out an application earlier for a different position. Should I complete another application for this new position that I am now interested in? To apply to another position, choose the position(s) you are interested in, and click where it says "Click Here to Apply On-line" located at the bottom of the page. When the application page comes up the third statement down reads: 'If you have submitted your application in the past, Click Here to login'. Once you type in your e-mail address and password, your original application becomes attached to the new position, making you an applicant for the new position(s). After you click 'Submit', the job-specific questions for the new job become visible for you to answer. When all questions are answered, the screen will say "Thank you for applying", and give you two options: 1. "Return to view more jobs." or 2. "Finish and log out". If you wish to apply for yet another position, click to "Return to view more jobs" and repeat this process again.
- I already submitted an application, but I want to update it or make changes. Should I complete a new one? No. Simply go to the 'Job Search' tab and select "Click Here To Update Your Application". It will bring you to a screen asking for your e-mail address and password. The password was created when you first applied. (If you don't remember the password, simply type in the 'e-mail address', leave the 'password' space blank, and click 'Submit'. Your password will automatically be e-mailed to you.) Once you type your e-mail address and password and click "Submit", it will bring up your original information. Simply update anything that has changed, and click 'Submit' again.
- How do I know if you received my application or resume? When you click 'Submit your application', you will receive an e-mail notice confirming that we have received the application. It is immediately routed to the Employment Office in the Human Resources Department. If you applied for a specific position, the hiring managers will automatically receive notice that you applied and be able to access your application.
- How will I know if my application is being considered? All candidates who apply for a particular position and are qualified will be reviewed. However, not all qualified candidates are invited for an interview. If the hiring manager feels you are among the best qualified and suited for their openings, you will be contacted for a telephone or in-person interview either by the hiring manager directly or by a representative from Human Resources. Please note: Since internal candidates are given priority where suitability is relatively equal, we do not always hire from the outside for all vacant positions.
- I received word that I did not get the job. Will I still be considered for other opportunities? You will not necessarily be automatically considered for future opportunities as they occur. However, you can set up a "Job Alert" so that you receive an automatic e-mail notice when a position is posted that has qualifications similar to yours. Also, if you see another position that you are qualified for and interested in, you can simply go to the 'Job Search' tab and follow the directions under: 'If you have submitted your application in the past, Click Here to login'.
- How much can I expect to make? Each position is assigned a pay range which is related to the market pay level for that position. The specific rate for any given position is discussed at the time of the interview.
- What kind of benefits do you offer? Deborah Heart and Lung Center offers an outstanding benefits package. For an overview of the benefits offered, please visit our BENEFITS page.
- How do I apply for more than one position? Choose the second position you wish to apply for and click “Click here to apply on-line”. At the ‘Log-in’ page, enter your e-mail and password and your application will come up. At this time you may make any necessary changes to your application or resume, answer the profile questions below and click “Submit” follow the same instructions as above to complete this process.
- How do I search for a specific position? Click on the link for the ‘Search’, and enter in the ‘Key words’ relating to the position that you are looking for and click submit. If a position is currently open and contains your keyword it will be shown on the next page. If you would like more information on the position, click on the Job Title, which will display the position summary, job description and schedule.
- What if I do not see any jobs for me but want to be updated on career opportunities at Deborah or just what is new at the Center? Click here to sign up to receive periodic updates about what's new at Deborah Heart and Lung Center, including our latest job openings.